Presenting Your Vessel for Sale
Presentation is key!! Your yacht will sell quicker.
Smart presentable boats with their gear neatly stowed that look clean and smell fresh will always sell quicker instilling confidence into a buyer that you really do maintain her well.
A buyer’s decision is usually made in the first few minutes of arriving on board so it is essential that the right impact is made straight ways. Australian Marine Sales are huge on making sure your vessel has high presentation which is why if you are time poor we help to achieve this.
Remove personal belongings, food, pictures & if practical only leave the boat with the gear that you are happy to include in the sale. If you are leaving anything you intend to keep make sure it is listed as so on the brokerage details.
It you don’t want an item to go with the boat remove it, as seeing something can lead to the thought it is included even if not listed.
Consider instructing a Pre sale survey & you will be surprised how much a nominal investment of approx 0.5% of the boat value will save in the long run. When the offers start to come in there is hard evidence in writing to support the value so your yacht will sell for a higher price.
- Bring back the shine back and invest in a professional polish – remember when a potential buying will always turn around for the last glance and they want to see it shining
- Coat of antifoul to the hull if ashore.
- Decks & Teak to remove any rust streaks or signs, give them a good scrub and brighten.
- Exterior wood work/ varnish & touch up with a coat or two, get the gloss back..
- Spray hood, dodgers, covers Bimini & brighten and scrub off any algae or greening of a canvas.
- Cockpit & drains, leaves debris.
- Remove any items or rubbish that is not needed, clean and dry inside, pack neatly.
- Bilges – clean, dry and leave sweet smelling.
- Heads – if leaving the yacht flush with fresh water, clean off any scale and marks. Lid down.
- Holding tanks & empty and flush through, put the bio chems in.
- Shower – wash down, leave shining and clean.
- Galley – leave fridge/freezer, clean, dry and vented. No trace of food.
- Berths – bedding, mattresses, sheets. Stow away or remove completely. If berths are made up leave them properly made and presentable.
- Saloon area, lockers & de clutter and remove anything that is not wanted, half used.
- Windows/Hatches & wipe any residue and make sure they are closed properly. Waterproof the seals if needed.
- Batteries – keep them charged or disconnect.
- Maintenance – repairs or on going work should be completed. Don’t leave a job half done.